Review: Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes

Friday 22 June 2012


Yesterday was my Birthday (thank you for all of your lovely tweets!), and one of the gifts that I very gratefully received was the Real Techniques Core Collection make-up brushes.  When these came out earlier this year, I kept meaning to buy them, but I bought some Eco Tools ones instead at the time, and told myself that I simply didn't need these.  Having had this set for less than 24 hours, I can strongly tell you that I was SO WRONG ABOUT THAT!  These brushes seriously live up to their hype and I absolutely love them; from their sleek design to their ultra soft taklon bristles, Real Techniques have set the standard for what all other brushes that I ever buy in the future will be compared to.


The Real Techniques Core Collection consists of (from L-R above):-

- a Contour Brush -  can be used for applying highlighter, blush and bronzer, the rounded shape makes contouring super easy!
- a Pointed Foundation Brush -  ideal for using with liquid foundation, the pointed tip makes short work of applying your base around those tricky areas like the nose etc.
- a Detailer Brush - that's the tiny, skinny one.  Perfect size for applying lipstick, taking eyeshadow underneath the eyes, using with concealer.
- a Buffing Brush - this is the one that I'm sure you've all heard about.  It's possibly become THE brush for applying foundation with, and works like a dream especially with mineral foundation.

The set also comes with a handy compact case, as well as doubling up as a stand, best packaging ever?!


Do you have the Core Collection and/or any other Real Techniques Brushes?  

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin' - Hello Cotton - Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

34 comments

  1. I have these brushes. They are so soft and luxe. I think they must have some magic inside the bristles too, because my make up looks so much better when put on with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about them being like magic! They definitely make make-up look completely flawless :)

      Delete
  2. I put off buying these for sooo long, but fell in love with them as soon as I got them! Can't see myself using any other brushes now, thinking of adding the eye starter set to my collection! x


    http://birdsongbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eye Starter Set looks fab, added to my wishlist! x

      Delete
  3. Absolutely - this is a must have!! I only do my foundation with the buffing brush now.
    Happy birthday again. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Buffing Brush is just so incredible, one of those brushes that you use and think 'Why didn't this come out years ago?!'
      Thanks hun! :) xx

      Delete
  4. happy belated birthday, hope you had a great day and got some beauty treats! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did thanks! have had a few requests on twitter for some reviews of the beauty gifts i received, so i'll post some soon :) x

      Delete
  5. I have the stippling brush which I use to apply my liquid foundation and I love it. Not sure how it compares to the buffing brush though!

    Happy birthday for yesterday!

    X

    www.thebeauty-mix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may get the Stippling Brush to see how it is with my cream blushers, oooo I want them all!
      Thanks! :) x

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love this set, all of the RT brushes are just amazing. Happy late birthday, hope you had a great day!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pointed foundation brush looks fantastic! :)

    xx Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday for yesterday! This on my wishlist :-) It's a good price too!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a fab birthday! I got this set last month and I wish I'd got it sooner, I couldn't believe how soft they were! I only use the buffing brush to apply foundation now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I was amazed by the softness too, definitely the softest I have ever used before! The Buffing Brush is amazing xx

      Delete
  10. I adore mine. The most deserved hype! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this set & absolutely love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the Buffing brush. Really want the Delux Crease Brush for concealer.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very jealous! These brushes look amazing!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday! :) Hope you have a lovely day. Glad that you've come to the RT side, aren't they amazing? The buffing brush is definitely my HG liquid foundation brush. These really do live up to the hype - I have several more and I have rarely been disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did :) They are really amazing, I want them all now! x

      Delete
  15. Thank you for the comment on my blog. I love the Real Techniques brushes :)

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday Hun <3

    I've been meaning to pick up this set for ages, I was going to on holiday but it was always sold out, I can never get a brake lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Claire! This set is amazing, have been using the brushes daily since receiving it, hope you can find it! :)

      Delete
  17. I don't own any of their brushes but I really do want their buffing brush <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are awesome brushes! I wasn't too sure about all of the hype either so I bought just the stippling brush and I love it. I'm definitely going to be buying the whole set. Xo, Audreiana from True Beauty By Nature

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.