Worth The Hype: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers

Friday 3 August 2012

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers (£20)

These beauties were a cheeky duty free airport purchase recently, and if you don't already own them, I'm sure the first question on your lips will be, "Are they worth it?".

The answer is a big fat YES!

I have had Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers on my beauty wishlist for years, and of course the price always put me off.  In the back of my mind was always a little voice telling me that I simply didn't need to pay £20 for something that I can easily pick up an equivalent of for less than a fiver.  All eyelash curlers are the same right?

Wrong.  Oh, so, so, wrong.

There's a reason why so many beauty gurus rave about these and simply put, they are just the best eyelash curlers, ever.  They don't pinch (you might think your budget ones are fine, but after trying these, you'll understand the pinching thing), the design of the handle just makes them very steady to hold, and most importantly, they curl your lashes like they've never been curled before.  On top of this, the curl somehow STAYS PUT too.  Genius stuff.

So the next time your budget eyelash curlers break (it was this reason couple with the fact I was in an airport at the time and could get these tax free, that definitely sealed the deal for me), consider investing in a pair of Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, especially if you'll use them everyday like I do.  I'm hoping that these will last forever!

I also spotted on Tracy's blog that you can now get these in limited edition 24k gold, how luxe is that?!

If you have these, do you think they live up to the hype?  If you don't have them, are they on your wishlist? 

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin' Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

24 comments

  1. I have wanted these for the longest time! I think this post has pushed me over the top - definitely purchasing these as soon I can! Great review, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you get them! :)

      Delete
  2. I've wanted these for so long now! They sound amazing but i just cant justify them because i already have MAC ones which are quite good. I might as well just buy them now though, i know i'll cave in eventually ha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the MAC ones are a pretty good alternative! x

      Delete
  3. I just wish these weren't so expensive :( plus, I use some really cheap ones for £3 and they work wonders for me so I can't imagine getting rid of them any time soon haha! I would love to try them though!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the price put me off for YEARS! :( x

      Delete
  4. I love these, they've completely changed the way I feel about my eyes and lashes!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it on buyapowa few months ago and I couldn't believe the difference it makes! So glad I got it... I wasn't even using curlers regularly before but now I use my shu uemura everytime I do my make up. Quality!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed by the difference too, definitely quality stuff! xx

      Delete
  6. I have these and totally agree, well worth the money! I haven't found any cheaper eyelash curlers that are better than these. You've reminded me I need some new rubber pads though!
    Also I just noticed my blog is on your daily reads list :-D :-D yay!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love them as much as I do! Love reading your blog, your reviews are great :) xx

      Delete
  7. i need a new eye lash curler

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've used mine for year! Totally worth it! I have the gold one now-makes me feel fancy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad that they live up to the hype for you! It was a toss up between Shu and Shiseido for me, I picked the latter mainly because I'd read reviews saying they were quite similar and Shiseido was slightly cheaper. But I'd be interested to try these sometime in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the Shiseido ones, the Japanese certainly make the best :)

      Delete
  10. I Want these, not actually I NEED these ha ha! Great review :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your blog! I am definitely following you! You can check my blog here:
    http://glitterarty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never quite got the grips and wondered if they eyelash curlers even work on me.. I either do not know if I am doing it properly or I have abnormal lashes that will not curl... I may give these a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.