LUSH Christmas 2012 Haul & Reviews: Cinders Bath Bomb, Ponche Shower Gel, Popcorn Lip Scrub & The Melting Snowman Bath Melt

Sunday 11 November 2012


Last weekend, I popped into LUSH to have a look at their Christmas range.  Although I shop at LUSH throughout the year, I always think that now is definitely the best time to go in and pick up some bits!  I have since tried out everything that I bought, so here are my reviews of the products.

 Cinders Bath Bomb (£2.25, link)

Cinders is a mainly orangey/fruity scented bath bomb combined with some spicy cinnamon.  It has popping candy in it which is meant to evoke an open crackling fire when placed into the water, but I didn't hear any crackling when I used it.  It dissolves super fast, and I was instantly hit with a gorgeous scent that smelt just like Christmas!  The scent doesn't last very long though which was disappointing, but if you're in the mood for a quick, warming soak (anything under 30 mins), then this would certainly be for you.  Cinders is much smaller than most of the bath bombs from LUSH which is reflected in its much more affordable price.   

 Popcorn Lip Scrub (25g, £5.25, link)

Popcorn has been a massive hit across the blogosphere - there's not a day that goes past where I haven't seen a blogger rave about it and I'm going to have a little rave about it too!  Simply put, it smells AMAZING.  If you hate everything that smells like LUSH, ask a friend to go into the shop and buy this for you - it will change your mind!  The lip scrub is mostly a simple blend of sugar, jojoba and coconut oil, and has this delicious burnt caramel scent and flavour.  I honestly can't stop sniffing this!  It makes my lips soft and smooth like the other LUSH Lip Scrubs do, and whilst it's pretty expensive for what it is, this 25g jar is going to last a while.  Unless I eat it that is! 

 Ponche Shower Gel (100g, £4.25, link)

Most years, I usually rush out to buy a bottle of Snow Fairy, that barbie pink, candy floss scented shower gel from LUSH.  But this year, the new Ponche shower gel has really won me over.  It's a lovely fruity and boozy scent that feels great to use in the morning when you're still half-asleep, and it fills my whole bathroom with its gorgeous scent.  I'm really tempted to go back and pick up a bigger bottle of this, but I might have to wait until the sales are on to stock up as it's on the pricey side (but it does smell so good!).   

The Melting Snowman Bath Melt (60g, £1.95, link)

Look at this little guy, how cute is he?!  Despite his adorableness, The Melting Snowman has caused some controversy amongst LUSH fans this year.  Last year, he was scented with the same fragrance as the Snowcake soap, but this year, he's been reformulated slightly and smells more like the Glogg shower gel from last year.  For me, I loved Glogg so I like this new Snowman, and he still smells very Christmassy.  The best thing about The Melting Snowman is that he's great for dry skin due to being made with shea and cocoa butter, so I'm always left feeling nicely moisturised afterwards.  Win win! 

Have you bought any of these, or anything else, from LUSH's Christmas range this year?

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin' - Hello Cotton - Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

35 comments

  1. I've got a review on the Popcorn scrub scheduled for tomorrow and I am completely in love with it, it's amazing! I liked the scent of Cinders, but nothing else about it really did it for me.

    I just picked up the Snow Fairy bubble wand, Blackberry bath bomb, Party Popper bath bomb and Golden Wonder bath bomb yesterday so looking forward to trying those out! x

    http://www.paintpotted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popcorn is amazing isn't it? ! I like Cinders, but really wish the scent lasted longer in the bath. Looking forward to reading your LUSH reviews of those! :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of that popcorn scrub, perfect for the cold winter when my lips just feel ruined... AND it's edible? Reeeesult!

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these look lovely! My flatmate picked up the melted snowman bath bomb and really liked it, I tend not to buy bath bombs but my skin is so dry at the moment that I might be able to justify it. I'm a massive fan of Lush's soap, I've recently got my hands on some Snow Globe soap and I'd highly recommend it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try out The Melting Snowman, it's really great for dry skin :) I'd also recommend Ceridwen's Cauldron from LUSH which is like bathing in silk! Is Snow Globe the green and white soap? I think I picked some of that up last year and really liked it. Will have to have another look at their soaps :) x

      Delete
  4. Just stumbled upon your blog and loving it already! I'm curious to check out Ponche. Lush has such nice products for Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya! :) Lush is great for xmas, I always end up picking up some of the gift sets for friends xx

      Delete
  5. I'm not really into Lush products. I like the odd bath bomb every once in a while but I'm tempted by Ponche. I'll have to have a sniff if I'm in town this week.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ponche is really lovely, it smells incredible! xx

      Delete
  6. hey honey
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    nice post!
    check my blog if you want and maybe follow if you like it!
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really want to get the lip scrub. I love popcorn, I love sweet and salt mixed it tastes amazing to me :)
    My only worry is that I'd eat all the scrub!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it Daniella, but don't eat it all at once! :D

      Delete
  8. I think I must be the only person in the world who cannot stand lush, the shop assistants are all very odd and just going in makes me itch so I would never dare to use the products. Your review of the popcorn lipscrub sounded great though, I chuckled at the part where you said send a friend in! that is a brilliant idea!















    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah some of the SAs are a little strange, I usually always get the most extroverted one in the shop lol! One of my best friends can't stand LUSH, so I bought her the Popcorn lip scrub and now she doesn't complain too much when I spend an entire afternoon browsing!

      Delete
  9. Awwh the melting Snowman is so cute! I really want to try out the Ponche shower gel especially as my Snow Fairy is running out :(

    I bought the Party Popper bath bomb which contains popping candy and it smells GORGEOUS - you should definitely try that one out if you haven't already :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely want to try out Party Popper! :) xx

      Delete
  10. I've not bought anything yet, but all these look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snowman looks eatable lol, I need to get the lip scrub too, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cinders bath bomb looks really nice, I don't like LUSH shower gels I don't know why but bath bombs I love x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great post, thanks for sharing! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    Kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to try the lip scrub! It sounds really nice!
    Love your blog! I'm following :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. after I had a traumatic experience with one of the sales ladies at Lush, I try not to go there too often! she was probably the most agressive sales person ever!haha
    but afetr your review, I might actually give it a go.of course I'll send a friend to check if the lady is working or not lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I've come across a few of those myself and have always walked out out of the shop - I don't like being bullied into buying something :(
      Hopefully there are some nicer staff in if you decide to give them another go :) x

      Delete
  16. I love Lush but too bad they are removing themselves from my country (Indonesia) a few years ago (sob) so now I can't get my hands on Lush anymore :(

    Anyway I always reading all your blog posts and now have become your devoted follower ;) I read almost all your posts even the ones from last year! Your blog is really inspiring :)


    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really sucks :(

      Thank you so much Yuri! Your comments are much appreciated and I'm really happy that you enjoy reading my blog, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  17. I can't wait to try the popcorn lip scrub, the bubblegum one is my fave but I have a feeling it won't be for much longer...

    Kim x

    beautyandfashionsavvy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. great haul!! Definitely want the bath bomb :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.