Best of 2012: Part 1 - Make-Up

Sunday 30 December 2012


I'm back from my internet-free festive break and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!  As we're in the very last days of 2012, it seems only right to have a beauty recap of the year.  There were so many products that I wanted to include, so I've split my 'Best Of 2012' into two parts; one for make-up and one for general skin/hair/bodycare.  So without further ado, below are some of my favourite make-up products that I enjoyed using in 2012:-  


2012 saw the much anticipated UK release of Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butters.  I loved the hype across the blogosphere for these lip balm/lip stick hybrids and rushed out to purchase a handful like everyone else.  You can see swatches of my favourite top 5 shades here.  I also began to grow my little collection of Korres Lip Butters!

Out of all the make-up related purchases that I made throughout the year, my best investment was definitely getting two sets of Real Techniques brushes.  I received the Core Collection for my birthday and soon purchased the Your Eyes / Enhanced Starter Set afterwards.  I use these brushes virtually everyday and couldn't imagine being without them now! 

One make-up collection that really stood out for me in 2012, was the release of Liz Earle's full capsule collection.  Everything that I have tried from this range, I've just simply loved, and I already have my eye on a few more bits that I'd like to try in 2013!  You can read my reviews of Liz Earle's make-up here


Aside from the Lip Butters mentioned above, Revlon also released their amazing Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, my favourite shade being Honey (pictured above).  Another big 2012 hyped product came in the form of a pink pot of magic nail polish remover by Bourjois which I reviewed and raved about here.

I also discovered lots of products for the first time in 2012 that quickly made my coveted Holy Grail list.  Some of these include bare Minerals Original Foundation, MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby, MAC Powder Blush in Harmony and Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Cherub.  Other mention-worthy favourites were MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl, Essential Care Mineral Lipstick in Praline and terre d'Oc Sublime Lip Gloss in Rose Ubud

I'm sure that there are many more make-up favourites that I've forgotten to include, so check out my general favourites tag for more fab products that I loved throughout 2012.  Will post part 2 tomorrow!


What make-up items would feature in your Best of 2012?

[Follow me on: BlogLovin' - Hello Cotton - Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

30 comments

  1. I only got the Revlon balm stain for xmas but I love it already x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff! I've been loving the revlon lip butters too! I just put in an order a few days back for a bunch of korres products! Can't wait to try some finally! The lip butters in store here are pricey! Also i've heard a bunch about liz earl products, they seem so wearable in terms of shades.

    I would feature bourjois healthy mix foundation, sleek creme to powder foundation and pout paint and for eyeshadows a bunch of small palettes from majolica majorca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I love Korres, they're such a lovely brand, and Liz Earle are fab too! x

      Delete
  3. I will have to agree on revlon lip butter and the korres products - simply amazing! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't tried any of the Revlon Lip Butters even though Candy Apple has been on my wish list for ages! I'm going to be picking up some Real Techniques brushes next week, I've had enough of missing out on those haha. Looking forward to your next 'Best of' post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Candy Apple, I find it so easy to wear! I think you'll love the Real Techniques brushes :) xx

      Delete
  5. Totally agreed on Korres and the Revlon Lip Butters :) I really want to try some MAC blushes - I think I'd go for Blushbaby and Harmony as well! I'm missing the Real Techniques eye brush set from my collection ... for how long though, I'm not sure :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd love those blushes! Haha I was the same, didn't last long before picking it up :)

      Delete
  6. I'm jealous of how many of the lip butters you have! I love the balm stains too, and I really couldn't have been without my Real Techniques brushes this year either.. Hopefully I'll get to add to them in 2013! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I may have gone a little crazy when they were on offer! xx

      Delete
  7. Revlon Just Bitten in Honey made it to my 2012 favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAC Blushbaby looks gorgeous and I desperately want to try Liz Earle make up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blushbaby is so easy to wear too, love it! Definitely try out Liz Earle's make-up, you won't be disappointed! x

      Delete
  9. I love Best Of posts! I'm excited to see the rest. I wish I had access to Liz Earle. Seems like an amazing brand xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a great brand :) I've been enjoying reading everyone's best of posts too! xx

      Delete
  10. Love love love the Real Techniques brushes! Definitely one of my favourites. I've ordered a Korres lip butter from the Feel Unique sale - I'm so excited for it to arrive! I'm definitely a fan of the Revlon lip butters and balm stains too, though I haven't reached for them much recently! I think that's the only reason they haven't made it into my favourites xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool! Which Korres lip butter did you get? xx

      Delete
  11. Great post! I love the Bourjois nail removal pot! I also want to try Korres lip balms after your amazing reviews! :) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have got to get my hands on more of the Real Techniques brushes!! I have the multipurpose brush and two other ones, but those face brushes look AMAZING!

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The face brushes are so good, use them everyday! x

      Delete
  13. some lovely products. I really want to try more Liz Earle in 2013. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Liz Earle makeup looks pretty good. The Real Techniques Brushes are excellent, such good value and quality x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I've washed mine several times and they still look brand new x

      Delete
  15. You have some lovely picks here, I love the Korres Lip Butters and the RT brushes too :) I did one of these posts here if you want to check it out :) http://mishellesleepytime.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/my-favourites-of-2012.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo thanks for the link, definitely will have a read of your favs :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.