Winter Skin Saviour: Laidbare Butter Me Up Organic Shea Body Butter

Friday 21 December 2012

 Laidbare Butter Me Up Organic Shea Body Butter* (250ml, £11.99, link)

I recently did some promo photos for the natural British brand Laidbare, and they kindly sent me their whole range of products to try out as a thank you.  One product that I decided to use straight away was their Butter Me Up Organic Shea Body Butter which is perfect for dry winter skin.  

It comes packaged in a huge 250ml tub and as I unscrewed the lid, I was hit by a gorgeous scent of jasmine which made me want to use it even more (if I could have shrunk myself down to fit into the actual tub Alice In Wonderland style, I probably would have!).  The formula contains key ingredients such as Organic Shea Butter, Rosehip Oil, Vitamin C and Avocado Oil to intensely soften, renew and thoroughly hydrate dry and sensitive skin.  As you can imagine this is a thick body cream, but has a much lighter and whipped texture to it than traditional body butters like those you get from The Body Shop.  

When I applied it after a shower, it sunk in easily and left my skin feeling soft and pampered.  That jasmine fragrance that I mentioned earlier is part of Laidbare's 100% natural signature scent and is a blend of jasmine, bergamot, patchouli and vertiver .  It's quite strong when you first apply it and does linger, but personally I think it's lovely and really relaxing.  I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for a daily scented body moisturiser to use during the winter months.

Laidbare products are free from synthetic fragrances and colours, as well as chemical ingredients such as sulfates, parabens and phthalates.

 Have you tried anything from Laidbare?


[Follow me on: BlogLovin' - Hello Cotton - Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

18 comments

  1. This sounds lovely :-)

    http://vividiorquue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this product from Laidbare not sure whether the scent is my thing but I do love a good shea butter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd say that you need to love the scent of jasmine to love this :)

      Delete
  3. oooh this sounds fab. I think I'd love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so beautiful! I need to give this a try! What do you think of their face products?

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their DIY Cleanser (reviewed here: http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/budget-beauty-laidbare-diy-two-in-one.html). Haven't tried out anything else yet but I have their Spot The Difference Cream & For Richer, For Porer Face Mask that I can't wait to give a go. Will be posting reviews on everything soon :) x

      Delete
  5. Ooh this sounds so nice, I love the sound of the scent!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous scent, I love anything jasminey :) x

      Delete
  6. great post! read this on the bus earlier on my iphone :) haven't heard of this brand but it looks really great xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a pity this isn't available in other scents. I'm not the biggest jasmine fan but it looks so creamy, I'd be tempted to buy it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope they branch out into doing more body butters, they are fab xx

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried it but I love testing out body butters so I might try and get my paws on this! Yum.

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool you're doing promo shots! This body butter sounds very nourishing and moisturising, plus I love the sound of the ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's super moisturising, have really been enjoying using it :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.