Review: LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask

Saturday 16 February 2013

LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Fresh Face Mask (75g, £5.95)

I've tried out nearly all of the Fresh Face Masks from LUSH that are suitable for my skin type, but there's been one that I've always avoided.  Yes, if you're already familiar with LUSH masks, you may well know what I'm taking about; it's the 'smelly garlic one', Cosmetic Warrior.  Now I have no problems with garlic in cooking, but the idea of slathering something that contains garlic all over my face?  Not too appealing.  Nevertheless, I decided it was time for Cosmetic Warrior and I to meet each other.  I picked one up recently as freebie when I traded in five black LUSH pots, and I've used it about three or four times since.

Cosmetic Warrior is a face mask for those with troublesome spot-prone skin and it uses its key ingredients of fresh garlic and tea tree oil as a natural antiseptic to clear any blemishes up.  In addition, it has fresh white grapes in it to cool and deep clean the skin, whilst fresh eggs tighten, and honey softens and moisturises, so its ideal if you find most anti-blemish masks to be too drying.  

I thought CW was a good mask for a weekly blemish-clearing, but I don't think it's as effective or as fast-acting as either Cupcake or Catastrophe Cosmetic are IMO.  On a side note, it's not nearly as smelly as I imagined it would be thanks to the strong scent of the tea tree oil in it, but it's still pretty whiffy!


Have you tried this?
Do you have a favourite face mask from LUSH?

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin' - Twitter - Pinterest]


P.S The winner of the Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Lipgloss is Juicy Satsuma, congrats!
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

27 comments

  1. I love garlic, could eat it all day every day but don't think I could ever put this on my face. Had a sniff in LUSH ages ago but can still remember the stench! lol
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any of the face masks from Lush but this one sounds ideal to me in terms of it's supposed outcomes, but I hate garlic even in food so it just puts me off completely!
    Rebecca-Louise autumnleaves-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah give it a miss if you don't like it in food!

      Delete
  3. Yaaaaaay!!! Thank you so much Evelyn!

    I'm working my way through Cupcake just now & it is definitely much more pleasant to use than Cosmetic Warrior! Chocolate over garlic any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely very smelly! It was a bit too drying for me :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame it was too drying for you :( xx

      Delete
  5. Ah the scent of this would put me off so much! Luckily it doesnt sound suited to my skin type anyways!

    Zoe, zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried this and loved it so much, it's probably my favourite one to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people say it's one of their favs from LUSH :)

      Delete
  7. I might try this as I always find my face masks dry out my skin lots afterwards!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you pop into LUSH, you can ask for a sample to try it out :) xxx

      Delete
  8. I tried this once and all I can remember is how much I hated the smell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one doesn't really appeal to me but I would like to try a new one next time I pop to Lush - I have 5 tubs waiting to be returned! I'm thinking Cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Want to try this as the smell sounds nice- I think my fav fresh mask is the oatfix one.
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried a Lush face mask for years. I've had my eye on Cosmetic Warrior a go but was worried it would be too much for my skin, so I may give this a go instead x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it helps, you can ask for free samples in LUSH so I'd recommend picking up one of each and seeing which you prefer :) x

      Delete
  12. I daren't use a LUSH facemask, I think they would be too much for me :(

    Danniella
    www.beautyinjapan.tumblr.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be too heavy for some skintypes, but I've found most of them to be quite gentle, especially if you only apply a thin layer. I'd definitely ask for a free sample of one to try out :) xxx

      Delete
  13. How many times in a week we must use it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. How many times in a week we can use the garlic cosmetic mask?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.