Review & Photos: I&K Clip In Fringe/Bangs in Darkest Brown

Thursday 21 February 2013

 I&K Clip In Fringe/Bangs in Darkest Brown* (£25.99, link)

Humans are funny creatures in that they always want what they don't naturally have.  Hair is a classic example of this - how many times have you heard women who have naturally straight hair say that they want beachy waves or flowing curls?  Or the ones who have naturally curly hair, say that they want poker straight locks?  

Me, I've always had major fringe (or 'bangs') envy.  But only recently, and probably due to the current trend of fringes looking cool on everyone, especially people like Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepson, Daisy Lowe and Alexa Chung.  Whilst I admire other people's fringes, I know the pain of growing one out from my childhood years, which is why I may never brave the hairdressers' and ask for one to be cut in. 

But that doesn't mean I can't cheat with a faux one!  Step in I&K Clip In Fringe/Bangs, your easy, stress-free antidote to all of your fringe cravings.  This fringe piece is made from silky soft 100% human hair and has a clever triangle back shape with three clips for a natural looking finish.  The clips fit in very securely and feel comfortable on, which is obviously what you want when you're putting in any kind of hair extensions.  Want to see what it looks like on?  


First attempt at fitting it went pretty well.  The clips are SO easy to put in, and this is coming from someone who has minimal experience with hair extensions.  The fringe looks kinda realistic, but there's so much hair with it, that it just looks a little too poofy at the sides.  So...


...now that's more like it!  After some smoothing and rearranging, I managed to get it looking a lot more realistic.  The longer length bangs at the sides frame the face well, but there's an obvious problem that you can see here.  I picked out the fringe in the Darkest Brown shade, which on screen, looked identical to my current, natural hair colour.  However, as you can see, the fringe is actually a little lighter so do bear this in mind when it comes to ordering.

Despite the colour match being not right for me, I thought the quality of the fringe was excellent and the clips were remarkably easy to fit and felt very secure.  Plus, I can always try to dye it to match my hair colour properly at some point if I fancied wearing it out.

Available from Hairtrade


What do you think?  
Have you ever experimented with clip-in fringe/bangs?

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin' - Hello Cotton - Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

18 comments

  1. Clip in fringes are a brilliant idea! Fringes are a bloody pain to grow out but at the same time they seem to need trimmed every week. This would be a great thing to have.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are a PAIN! Much prefer these faux ones :) xx

      Delete
  2. This actually looks really good! I was trying to grow mine out but it was annoying me too much so I just cut it back in yesterday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got caught in that fringe trap for years, took me ages to finally decide to grow it out! xxx

      Delete
  3. These are a great idea and it actually looks better than I expected! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I took it out of the box, I thought it looked awful, but was also surprised by how it actually looks on :) x

      Delete
  4. I have a fringe and I go through phases where I wish I didn't lol but I love it for when my hair is tied back so I haven't grown it out. I think I'd feel a bit creeped out having someone else's hair stuck on my head but maybe that's just me. I wonder if there would be a way to make my own using my own hair? Worth looking into I guess. A fringe suits you by the way =) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think fringes look so pretty when your hair is tied back or in an updo. It is a little strange at first, especially if you haven't used human hair extensions before, but you soon get used to it! I'd definitely google/youtube that and see! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  5. I saw fake fringe at a salon today and totally didnt get how it would look good (blended in). You make it look great lovely:)

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :) It did take a lot of rearranging though!

      Delete
  6. Wow! They look great! I've had a fringe for ages now and I don't feel like myself when it grows. It definitely takes a little extra time in the morning but I think you should try it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking about getting one of these to see how a short fringe will look on me before I go ahead and cut my hair haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I 'm an old follower hon and always love reading your blog!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look pretty natural... I think the fringe suits you :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.