Worth The Hype: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers - Celestial, Luna & Nude Eclipse - Photos & Swatches

Friday 8 February 2013

 Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer (5.5ml, £5.99 each, link)

Apocalips, Apocalips, Apocalips.. I hope you're not all bored of reading about these amazing, creamy, super pigmented lipstick/gloss hybrids yet, because here's another post about them!

I instantly loved the look of the Apocalips Lip Lacquers the minute I set my beady eyes on them and I was even ready to break my spending ban just to pick some up.  Luckily I had a ton of Boots points on my card left over from xmas, so the hard part was simply deciding which ones to get.

I played it safe and picked up two of the most everyday, wearable shades, Celestial and Luna, plus the token nude, Nude Eclipse, to try out.

 Nude Eclipse

Like all nude shades, Nude Eclipse will be a love it or hate it thing for most people.  I'm still on the fence as to whether it suits me or not, but regardless, I'm sure it's one that will quickly grow on me the more times I wear it.

 Luna

Luna on the other hand was love at first sight.  This beautiful warm peach shade works like magic for instantly brightening up my complexion, and it's a perfect colour for the upcoming Spring season.

Celestial

Celestial has proven itself to be one of the most popular shades on the blogosphere and I certainly see why!  This blue-toned, dusky-esque pink is so easy to wear and you can make it look brighter (as above) by applying just a little, or darker by adding an extra coat (like the swatch).

I'm a big fan of these and find them long lasting, non-sticky and moisturising.  I would recommend exfoliating your lips before applying them though, because they will show up any dryness, but other that, they're pretty amazing and well worth the hype!

Have you picked up any Apocalips yet?
Which ones are your favourite shades?

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin' - Hello Cotton - Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

45 comments

  1. I cannot wait for these to make its way to the US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luna is so so gorgeous!!! I love the sound of these!

    Gem x
    http://www.gemmameansjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I'd picked up Celestial! I bought Stellar instead as I don't have many brights but I've been wearing it muted by applying a couple of dots and blending. Luna looks really nice on your lips, after a couple of reviews I've seen I thought it looked a bit of a dodgy colour but you wear it well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to pick up Stellar or Galaxy, but glad I went for Celestial for the time being. Luna is a strange one if you apply too much, but I think it suits me when I just use a little of it xx

      Delete
  4. I love the rimmel apocalips, I have big bang and it's amazing

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Bang looks incredible - so tempted to go back and pick that up! x

      Delete
  5. I have to say the shades you picked are gorgeous, apparently the red is a no no for bleeding!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too, it bled quite a bit when I swatched it instore but it does look gorgeous! x

      Delete
  6. I wasn't as keen on the look of Luna before but it looks gorgeous on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trick with it is to just use a small amount at first and see how it looks :) xx

      Delete
  7. I got 'Big Bang' purely because it was the only colour left and I had to have one! Ha that makes me sound so bad!!

    Adele-Marie xx

    Adele | One Girls Obsession With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to get some but I'm not sure when we'll be able to get them in the US. Great review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I want these even more! Celestial, Luna and Big Bang ae the 3 I want but that might change when I see them in person.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a quick swatch instore before you buy, my whole hand was covered in them before I decided lol xx

      Delete
  10. I really need to get my hands on some of these! Like you I have my eyes on Luna & Celestial ~ maybe Big Bang too as I am trying to be brave which bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Bang looks amazing, I was tempted to pick it up!

      Delete
  11. OK, I need these for the ZAMB bag! Just for the name alone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm waiting till the spending ban is over to buy some of these. Luna I think is my favorite of these three.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Want these so bad. Canada hurry up and get these on the shelves:)
    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want Luna badly! I'll grab it as soon as they get released in America xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorg!! I love the nude shade and celestial!! I want them both! I've seen similar shades from l'oreal recently! Got one from their new 'caress' line, can't wait to try them! Never seen this brand before but I love how they look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes, heard good things about the L'Oreal versions too but I think these have been more popular here in the UK :)

      Delete
  16. These haven't made their way to Canada yet, but I'm so lusting Luna and Celestial! Do these dry out or cake up at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can go a bit cakey if you apply too much (you only need a tiny amount because they're super pigmented!) but I haven't had any issues with them being drying x

      Delete
  17. I think Luna looks like my favourite :). x

    A Scholar Life

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to buy! They all look gorgeous on you. My fav is Celestial x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! Celestial is a gorgeous pink :) x

      Delete
  19. I wanted celestial but couldn't find it anywhere in stock... Looking forward to try it!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were only two left when I went to buy mine, seems to be mega popular! x

      Delete
  20. I have celestial and I love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do really like these but prefer the new l'oreal glossy stains. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous, I've still not managed to get to Boots to pick any up yet, hopefully soon. Now I just need to figure out which shades to get lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to pick some up soon, looking forward to seeing what shades you get :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.