Currently Loving: Essential Care Organic Coconut Candy Scrub

Tuesday 7 May 2013

 Essential Care Organic Coconut Candy Scrub* (200g, £28)

If you've been following my blog for a while, or simply saw my Favourites post last month, you'll know that I have a strong penchant for anything to do with coconut.  I adore the scent, and the miracle moisturising properties of coconut oil are fantastic for my dry skin.  So it should come as no surprise really that I'm currently enamoured with this delectable coconut body scrub from Essential Care (who coincidentally are also one of my favourite natural brands!).



Essential Care's Organic Coconut Candy Scrub is reason enough as to why someone needs to invent Scents Through Computers - I really wish you could all smell what I'm smelling right now.  To say the scent is amazing is truly an understatement.  This super luxurious 100% organic body scrub smells like sugary coconut heaven in a jar.  I can no longer go into my bathroom without unscrewing the lid and taking a good long sniff of this.  Seriously, it's that good.


Heavenly scents aside, the scrub itself is a wonderful blend of mainly coconut oil, sugar, cocoa butter and shea butter, the ingredients being so pure and natural that you could probably eat it.  The texture is like solid coconut oil with tiny pieces of fairtrade granulated sugar and little scrubby bits.  To use, you simply scoop out a small amount with a spoon or spatula and rub it all over your body.  The oils and butters melt into the skin, and the scrubby sugar bits are tough enough to be effective, yet I don't think they're harsh enough to hurt or be irritating.



After rinsing it off, you are left with a little buttery residue on the skin (if you've ever used one of those solid body butters from LUSH or similar, it's the same feeling), but it's not overly greasy and means that I get to skip applying body moisturiser.  My dry skin absolutely loves this stuff!




Two final things to mention.  One, the price.  Yes, it's expensive, there's no getting around that.  You're obviously paying a premium for pure, high quality organic and fairtrade ingredients here, and truth be told, I think it's worth it as a treat.  I've also used it about three times now, and I'm surprised by how little I've actually used up so it's going to last a while too.  I know I'll be adding my next tub to my birthday wishlist anyhow!

Secondly, it's packaged in a weighty glass jar which is great for recycling/resusing, but not so great for actually taking with you in the shower or balancing precariously on the side of your bathtub.  My advice is to scoop out what you want to use into a little plastic bowl, and save yourself any worry when you're using it.  That way, you've done your bit for the Environment, and you get to enjoy a glorious body scrub.  Jobs a good 'un.

Have you tried this?
Do you love coconut products as much as I do?

[Follow me on:  BlogLovin'Twitter - Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

15 comments

  1. I'm like you anything with coconut in it & I'm there at the cash register making a purchase ;) I'm slowly discovering more and more from EC and I'm loving their products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very addictive isn't it?! They are a fantastic brand, everything I've tried and bought from them so far has been really good :)

      Delete
  2. I love this too. Think the packaging was plastic when I had it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think plastic is more practical, but glass is definitely better recycling/reusing-wise xx

      Delete
  3. This looks a beautiful product! Love coconut scents! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good and I love coconut scent especially for the Summer!

    rachael-victoria.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fab - I wanted it when I read Fran's review a while back x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share the same coconut obsession - this sounds heavenly!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Essential care is well worth the money considering the ingredients and the ethics of the brand, I have like most things I have tries and this looks delicious! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, I've yet to be disappointed by anything I've bought/tried from them x

      Delete
  8. Ahh this sounds delicious, coconut is my favourite smell!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.