Beauty Roundup: The Best of 2013

Tuesday 7 January 2014

I'm a little late posting this but here we go!  This is my beauty roundup of the past year, showcasing the creme de la creme of the products that I fell in love with during 2013.   

Skincare & Bodycare

Bodhi Rosemary Chi Himalayan Detox Salt Scrub* - (review)
There were so many new Bodhi products that I wanted to include, but in the end I decided to just go with my number one favourite which is without a doubt, this incredible salt body scrub.  If you want a proper, deep, scrub, then definitely try it.  It leaves you with the most baby soft skin afterwards and you feel properly pampered and relaxed whenever you use it.

Yes Nurse! Protect Your Lovely Hands Hand Cream* - (review)
I'm a hand cream junkie, but this hand cream from Yes Nurse! certainly wowed me and I still can't believe it's only about a fiver.  Bargain!

Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm* - (review)
Amazing waterless, multi-purpose balm that I've been using as a cleanser at night.  It's packed to the hilt with unprocessed, organic natural ingredients and is really affordable too.  Kudos Lyonsleaf.

Heal Gel Intensive* - (review
I can't get enough of multi-purpose products, and love how useful Heal Gel is to have in your beauty stash.  You can use on your face to help reduce any irritation/redness and clear up acne and blemishes, as a primer before make-up, and on your body for eczema, sunburn and stretch marks to name but a few.

Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturising Cream* - (review)
Fantastic daily moisturiser from Trilogy for sensitive skin or skin that's just acting up and needs some extra TLC.  Love the packaging and easy in built pump dispenser too.

Dr. Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum - (review)
For haircare, this serum from Dr. Organic really stood out from all the rest.  I use it all the time, and I bought a new bottle before xmas which just goes to show how incredible it really is!

Elemental Herbology Cell Food* - (review)
2013 was the year that I truly embraced face oils and I was spoilt for choice as to which one to feature in my beauty roundup because there are so many that I use on a regular basis and alternate with.  Finally I settled on Cell Food from Elemental Herbology because I always see a noticeable difference whenever I use it.

Crazy Rumors Lip Balm in Amaretto - (review)   
I've been pretty much obsessed with this Crazy Rumors lip balm since I bought it and adore the Gingerbread flavour as well.  100% natural, vegan and they only cost around £3.50 a pop.

Apivita Express Gold with Prickly Pear Face Mask* - (review)
There were lots of Apivita products that I loved, but my favourite was their Prickly Pear face mask which is super moisturising and a great quick fix for dull winter skin.
Make-Up

2013 was more a year about finding new skincare for me, but I did come across some fantastic make-up finds:-

Real Techniques Blush Brush - (review)
I'm a huge fan of the Real Techniques brushes and their Blush Brush has become  well loved staple in my collection.  The synthetic bristles are so soft and retain that softness and quality wash after wash.

Tangle Teezer Compact Styler - (review)
The original Tangle Teezer has been a long time favourite of mine for around 2 years, so I don't know why it took me so long to pick up the Compact version for my handbag.  It's the best brush for long hair ever.

Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer* - (review)
Whenever I try a cult product, I always look for flaws in it to see if I can de-mystify the crazy hype but that didn't really happen with Perricone's No Concealer Concealer.  Although it's not a full coverage concealer for me, it is currently my HG corrector for those pesky dark circles and it's so handy to have SPF 35 in the formula. 

Laura Mercier Creme Lip Colour in Bing Cherry* - (review)
My current favourite red lipstick is this Bing Cherry from Laura Mercier.  So flattering and easy to wear, and the formula is very moisturising too.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Celestial - (review)
The highstreet/drugstore exploded with new releases in 2013 and so it was difficult to pick an absolute favourite.  I opted to include Celestial from Rimmel's Apocalips line as it's the one that I've worn the most over the year and I just love this shade of pink.   

Lily Lolo Shimmer Stripes in Honey Glow* - (review)
Whenever I wear this highlighter from Lily Lolo, I always seem to get compliments which isn't something that happens often!  It produces the most beautiful, yet healthy looking glow and I love the sleek, matte white packaging as well.

Jurlique Rose Silk Finishing Powder* - (review)
And to top it all off, I had to give a special mention to Jurlique's Rose Silk Finishing Powder which gives a lovely airbrushed finish to the skin.  You do have to touch it up every so often, but it's worth it for that flawless finish.

What's in your Beauty Best of 2013?

Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

40 comments

  1. I'm so desperate to try HealGel and even more so now. Lovely post!

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of the finishing powder! I have also done a post on my beauty roundup of 2013 over on my blog!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice faves! I'm curious about the concealer now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, works so well for me as a corrector!

      Delete
  4. The tangle teezer and real techniques blush brush have been two of my favourites from 2013 too. Interested about trying 'heal gel' I have some nasty scarring on my face and heard a couple of good reviews from the product 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about it's ability to reduce scarring too - definitely google it to see if you can find any before & after photos.

      Delete
  5. great picks! There are a few that i want to try myself, like the Jurlique powder and the Yes Nurse! hand cream. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Elemental Herbology cell food sounds a real face serum!
    www.mademoisellenature.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished up the Lyonsleaf beauty balm this evening, I ended up using it as a cleanser and really love it. I also love Crazy Rumors I need to buy some more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lyonsleaf too! sure you'd like the body butter. Fancy the Jurlique finishing powder x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo really want to try their body butter, sounds great! x

      Delete
  9. I want to try HealGel and Crazy Rumours. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Defo agree about Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm and Dr.Organic Argan Oil Treatment Serum ♥ They are my saviours. Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Real Techniques brushes are so good! They're seriously in most people's favourites!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOO...I NEED CELESTIAL SOOO BAD! I've put it in my cart on asos so many times but didn't go through! I totally need to get that shade this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I'm definitely going to try Bodhi this year I have to! Heard so many great reviews about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. interesting! :) Happy New Year! :D
    by the way, hope you can drop by at my blog too! :)

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Favourites!

    www.petitebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Rimmel Apocolips and the tangle teezer! They are both staples in my bag whenever I go anywhere :)
    great post
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Yes! Nurse hand cream, it works so well! The Crazy Rumors lip balm sounds gorgeous, too.

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Real Techniques Blusher brush and the Tangle Teezer are both favourites of mine!

    Stephanie (@hopefreedomlove)
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251/hope-freedom-love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice selections Evelyn! I also love my Real Techniques brushes, my favorite is the buffing brush ;)
    Oh and I soooo wanted to try the tangle teezer so baad... ;p

    Please also check out my version of Best Beauty Products of 2013: Best Beauty Products of 2013


    YURI
    TWO THOUSAND THINGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.