The Detox Pamper

Sunday 19 January 2014

Sundays and pampering were made for each other, so I thought I'd share a couple of new products that I've been enjoying recently which would be perfect for a detox style pamper.

Step 1: The Detox Shampoo
I like to use a clarifying shampoo once a week to just strip back my hair, get rid of any product that's built up over the last couple of days, and to essentially start afresh.  However, the main problem I have with most clarifying shampoos is that they can often be too stripping, and leave hair feeling horrible and straw dry, so I'm happy that I've finally found one which feels more balancing but still gets the job done.  Naked Detox 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner* uses Peppermint and Sorrel Leaf Extracts which gently unclogs all that build up and leaves the hair and scalp refreshed and thoroughly clean, without it ever feeling tight or uncomfortable.  This is one of the best SLS detoxifying shampoos I've used so far, and for £3.99 it won't break the bank if you want to try it out!

Step 2: Hair Mask time
The lengths and ends of my hair are naturally very dry so I always have a good stock of quality hair masks in my bathroom.  For this pamper I opted for one of my Holy Grail favourites - Macadamia Deep Repair Masque*.  This is a thick and intensive treatment mask that I like to use when my hair is feeling worse for wear and has been abused with too much heat (something that happens all too easily in the winter months!).  I leave it on for around 30 minutes for a proper deep treatment, but you can use it for a quick 10 minute fix if you're short on time.  This mask always leaves my hair feeling incredibly silk soft and looking glossy.

Step 3: Scrub, scrub, scrub!
If you have dry skin, you'll know that the cold weather can often exasperate it, so it's useful to use a body scrub to exfoliate away any dead skin.  I've been using Rituals Fortune Scrub which is a very gentle creamy exfoliator that also adds extra hydration to the skin.

Step 4: Treat yourself to a Luxury Shower
Just because I'm having a shower instead of a bath, doesn't mean that I have to miss out on having a truly decadent pampering experience.  NEOM Refresh Organic Body Wash* is a beautifully crafted body wash with lots of invigorating Essential Oils such as Sicilian Lemon, Fresh Basil, Bergamot and Juniper.  The scent is so gorgeous and it really wakes you up!

Step 5: Moisturise your skin
Last but not least, once I've gotten out of the shower and dried off, I'll use a hydrating body moisturiser such as Pai Comfrey & Calendula Calming Body Cream.  This one is perfect for helping to combat sensitive and dry winter skin.  It absorbs quickly, doesn't feel greasy and makes my skin super soft.

Have you treated yourself to a pamper recently?

Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

24 comments

  1. I've tried a couple of naked detox products and I am really impressed with them! Lovely post..
    george-porge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good, especially for the price! x

      Delete
  2. I was just washing my hair and thought to myself, "oh damn I need to buy a new bottle of the Naked Detox", and then I read this. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, I love the Fortune Scrub and I'll be trying the detox shampoo :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice pampered Sunday to have then !:-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a pamper with Neom refresh bath oil - made me feel very happy and revived! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a nice weekly detox. I think I'll have to do a mask and body scrub tonight.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so luxurious and pretty.. Ah, I want a pamper night right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This combination sounds amazing & I am definitely interested in the Pai Body Cream. Thanks girl <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Amy, the Pai Body Cream is so lovely :) xx

      Delete
  9. The shampoo sounds good, I've tried Naked shampoo n conditioners before and they were ok, but I like the idea of "detoxing" your hair once a week. Thanks for sharing :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant, adds lots of shine and just gets rid of any product build up without SLS :) xx

      Delete
  10. I love that Naked Detox shampoo! It is so good, I need another bottle of this :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Neom shower gel sounds heavenly!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    Follow @ bloglovin: http://goo.gl/VYmLfM
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post I love a good pamper evening! I love using face masks. I tried that 2 in 1 shampoo & conditioner and found it quite clogging on my hair actually which is quite odd! I think it might be because I don't use conditioner everytime I was my hair so this might have been too much for my hair? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possibly! I think you have to have some kind of product build up in your hair for it to do its job otherwise it doesn't really work or 'detox' anything because there's nothing for it to get its teeth into if you know what I mean! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.