In The Bathroom Cupboard: Veeda 100% Natural Cotton Towels / Pads review

Saturday 16 January 2016

Veeda 100% Natural Cotton Towels / Pads review
If going 'greener' is one of your New Year resolutions and you're a woman who has periods, well this post is for you!

It strikes me as odd that women are still sometimes uncomfortable discussing feminine hygiene products, so I'm going to do the opposite and not beat around the bush here (pun, really?!). When I switched to more natural, aluminium free deodorants a few years ago, I remember the SA in the healthfood shop suggesting that I should switch my pads to a more natural alternative too. She initially recommended the popular Mooncup (google it if you don't know what it is), but I wasn't so sure about it, so I jotted down her pads and towels recommendations instead.

It's something that I hadn't given much thought about before, but after some additional research online, I was convinced that it was a good thing to change my feminine hygiene products to something more natural based. It just made perfect sense. There is a huge amount of completely unnecessary bleach, pesticides, herbicides and chemicals that goes into creating your average mainstream pad or tampon and when you actually sit down and think about it, do you really want all that crap up there hanging around in your ladygarden? Hell no! I've tried a couple of different brands over the years (Organyc being a consistent staple in my bathroom cupboard), and I've recently been introduced to Veeda.  

Veeda were founded by two men after they saw a gap in the market when their friend couldn't find any natural tampons or pads upon returning to Brazil. The company are on a mission to change the way that women think about and buy feminine hygiene products, and they sell a range of tampons, pads and pantyliners. Everything is made from 100% natural, unbleached, unscented cotton so there are no chemicals, dyes or synthetics, and everything is reasonably priced. Best of all, they are readily available in Boots - hooray!

To find out more about Veeda, check out their website here where you can also shop their products, and you can join in with the #WhatsInYourTampon conversation on social media too.

Veeda products* were kindly provided for this feature.

Do you use 'green' feminine hygiene products?

   [Follow me on: BlogLovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest] 
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

9 comments

  1. This review has come at the perfect time because this was one of my aims for the year, but the choices are so bewildering. The cups sound good, but I've not yet mustered the courage to try one, but these are something I can get on board with right away and I'm so glad they're available in Boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - every now and again I'm tempted by the Mooncup but I just can't bring myself to buy one yet! I'll be sticking with these for the time being x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great review Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! More than happy to help spread the word on this topic :)

      Delete
  3. I'd really love to 'go greener' when it comes to pads, but greener alternatives need to become more commonplace because they're so difficult to find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in the UK? Veeda are stocked in Boots if so! If not, I used to order Organyc online?

      Delete
    2. We are a global brand with presence in USA, UK, Brazil, Taiwan and Australia. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. I never thought about "green" products like this. I have heard of the Mooncup but... nope. It makes me feel rather uncomfortable if I think about it for too long. I will definitely check these out.

    Dannie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me who feels that way about the Mooncup! Apparently it's supposed to be surprisingly comfortable when you get used to it but I think I'll be sticking with these for the meantime....x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.