Skincare Review: La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel, AR Intense Serum & CC Creme

Monday 18 January 2016

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel, AR Intense Serum & CC Creme review
Winter weather causing redness in your complexion or do you have Rosacea that you'd like to conceal? I've been trialling these three skincare saviours from La Roche-Posay's popular Rosaliac range to see if they would work for me or not.

I've never been professionally diagnosed as having Rosacea, but during the Winter months I get a lot of redness and my face displays some of the common Rosacea symptoms such as permanent areas of redness that refuse to go away for days at a time and red spotted breakouts. Whilst I know it's nothing to be embarrassed about, it does make me feel very self-conscious so I've always been on the lookout for skincare products that can provide a helping hand in calming down the redness. I've had good results from some of La Roche-Posay's general skincare products in the past (their Effaclar Duo+ is still something that I use on a regular basis and have repurchased numerous times), so when I found out they had a dedicated 'Rosaliac' range, I had to give it a go.

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Removal Gel* (195ml, £12.50, link
Suitable for sensitive, dry and fragile skin types this is a gentle fragrance-free cleanser. It's an interesting micellar/gel hybrid formula that feels very soothing and refreshing on the skin, however I feel the name is a little misleading as this product really struggled to remove any of my make-up. As a morning cleanser on bare skin it's good, and helps to wake me up, but as a make-up remover it's not something I would recommend.

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense Serum* (40ml, £17, link
Described as a localised anti-redness serum, you can use this everyday on targeted areas to reduce the appearance of redness and the visibility of broken blood vessels. The fragrance and alcohol-free formula features Neurosensine, a soothing active ingredient to reduce redness, Ambophenol to reduce the size and appearance of blood vessels and Thermal Spring Water to soothe and decongest. It feels like a traditional serum; light, easily absorbed and without any stickiness. I didn't see any differences in my skin for the first 2-3 weeks but after that I've started to notice that the redness I get around my nose and on my cheeks is definitely going down so I'll continue to use this!

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Creme* (50ml, £19.50, link)
If you have redness, you often find that smothering it in foundation or concealer doesn't do a great deal as you need to use a product that will colour-correct it first. This is a good CC Creme that comes in one universal shade to suit fair to medium skin and it does colour-correct most of my redness but not all of it. I did have to add a little of my Recover concealer to fully cover up everything, but for mild cases, this would work well and it comes with the added bonus of SPF 30. Blends easily, feels hydrating and stays put for at least 8 hours.

Have you tried any of these?

[Follow me on: BlogLovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest] 
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

10 comments

  1. I still am yet to try anything from this brand but ive heard such good things about their products.

    Jess x
    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some great products - highly recommend their Effaclar Duo+ if you have blemish prone skin! x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE La Roche Posay products. I've had rosacea for over 10 years so might some of give these a go - I tried the CC cream but it was way too dark for my pale skin!

    Lex
    www.talontedlex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks about the CC Creme - wish more brands had better colour ranges for everyone! Definitely try out the AR Serum! x

      Delete
  3. It's good that the serum is working for you! It's a good price too xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good after you've used it for a little while! Definitely, I've seen it on offer in Boots recently too which makes it even more affordable :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this serum and CC cream, with some patience they really help :) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried the CC cream - I remember it being a little too dark for my fair skin! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lex said the same thing - what a shame! :( x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.