Budget Beauty: You Beauty Box - February 2016 review

Sunday 7 February 2016

You Beauty Box - February 2016 review
As I mentioned last month, the You Beauty Discovery box has undergone a re-branding and become simply You Beauty box. The first official box since the change came out a few days ago and I'm very happy with it! 

Aside from the subtle name change and a move over to a different website address, the You Beauty box remains exactly the same as before. The price is still the same at just £6.95 a month, you can still cancel anytime and you still choose two products for your box from their menu/shortlist.

The theme for February was 'Rested and Radiant', and the choices were the best I've ever seen from You Beauty with a wide range of enticing options; I could easily have chosen 6 or 7 products! After some consideration, I decided to choose the following two for my box:- 
Salon Science Cellucovery Scalp Tonic
 Salon Science Cellucovery Scalp Tonic (full size, 50ml, RRP £20)
I've seen this treatment in Boots before and it's been on my to-try list for a while, but at £20 a bottle, it's just one of those products that I didn't get around to purchasing. This is described as a lightweight scalp tonic that features Swiss Apple to help promote stronger, thicker, younger looking hair. I know that some bloggers and models take Swiss Apple based supplements for healthy hair growth, so I'm interested to see if a topical product like this would work in a similar way. Regardless, I'm very happy to be able to try this out for much less than the RRP and will post my thoughts on this shortly once I've used it for a couple of weeks.
Kevyn Aucoin Matte Bronzing Veil in Dessert Days
 Kevyn Aucoin Matte Bronzing Veil in Dessert Days (sample size, 1.4g)
I've been seriously lusting after some Kevyn Aucoin makeup for a long time, but again, the luxury price tags have been putting me off a bit! This is a sample of his Matte Bronzing Veil in the shade Dessert Days. Very cute and travel-friendly compact, the powder feels silky soft to the touch so I'm excited to give this a whirl.
You Beauty Box - February 2016 review
You Beauty Freebies!
Usually, You Beauty will include one or two little extras, but as this is the special re-launch box, they've included four (two of which are bonus products for re-subscribing) and they're all really good! There's Vita Liberata Self Tanning Night Moisture Mask (10ml), Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Geranium & Neroli edition (40ml, worth £15), Eyeko Black Magic Mascara (4ml), and the new Real Techinques Deep Cleansing Brush Gel (2 x 7.39ml sachets).

You Beauty Box is £6.95 per month incl p&p - more info click here.

Did you receive a You Beauty box this month?
Which two products did you choose?

[Follow me on: BlogLovin' | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest]
Next Post Next Previous Post Previous

6 comments

  1. This looks like such a great box! I've never tried You Beauty before but am so tempted especially with the Kevyn Aucoin and Vita Liberata!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a bargain - well worth picking up for those! x

      Delete
  2. Such a good box for you this month! :) can't wait to see how you get on with the hair treatment :)

    Dannie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I have my fingers crossed the hair treatment is good!

      Delete
  3. I'm so chuffed with the extras this month! I went for the salts and the Aurelia Miracle Balm as my choices xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome picks, I would have happily chosen those too! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! For a faster reply you can tweet me @beautywolfgirl

Powered by Blogger.